Welcome to theMikMik!

We are a friendly community of Android custom Roms developers and users. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the forum rules. You will need to register before you can post, and as a registered user you will also see fewer advertisements. Join us now to become a part of one of the most helpful Android community online and get the max from your phone!

Thanks

Polaris Office

Anyone else play with Polaris Office?

I can open Office 2010 Excel (.xlsx) and PowerPoint (.pptx) files, but can't open Word (.docx) files. If I save them as backwards compatible .doc files, Polaris can open them. Simply renaming doesn't work.

Is this WAD? : Can't find any documentation on it.

[Edit] Further research indicates this is working as designed. It looks like this version is capable of working with Office 2003 formats; at least for Word. It must be that the 2010 Excel and PowerPoint files are backwards compatible enough for Polaris to open and read them.

It does present PowerPoint better than QuickOffice, but at least QuickOffice works with Word 2010, so it's back to that.

For what it's worth, after trying Polaris, I decided to compare with other things out there; Docs to Go, OfficeSuite Pro, and ThinkFree Office. The best seems to be OfficeSuite Pro.

Thanks

Re: Polaris Office

Wish I knew, but I don't use it :| . You could search over here on the MikG EVO section : http://www.themikmik.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=235 Almost the exact same rom.
    Samsung Galaxy S 3 / HTC EVO Shift 4G / OG EVO4G
    Forum Rules and Usage ------------INSTRUCTIONS FOR FLASHING
    Have a Problem ? LOOK HERE FIRST ( Thank you jadeboy7 )
    Exploding Noema: The precise moment when your mind cannot differentiate between perception and reality