Welcome to theMikMik!

We are a friendly community of Android custom Roms developers and users. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the forum rules. You will need to register before you can post, and as a registered user you will also see fewer advertisements. Join us now to become a part of one of the most helpful Android community online and get the max from your phone!

Thanks

random boot-loops; might be hardware related; need help!

I have had my trusty HTC EVO 4G LTE ever since it was released. unlocked, Stock rooted rom, s-off, (more details in my sig) The phone rocks. It has been trucking along doing the normal stuff, light to moderate use. Suddenly the system froze-up and restarted while I was texting (an app was also updating in the background). But it couldnt recover, it would get to the splash screen and shut-down & restart again, and again, etc.

From recovery I tried a backup-restore, restoring an old nandroid, and eventually a factory reset. The factory-rest finally allowed it to boot, but after minimal use, it went into a boot loop again. AT this point I could get it to boot by clearing the cache and delvik. This only worked a few times, until it just didnt work anymore.

Now I decided to try a new ROM: Beanstalk 4.3.05 which runs on Android 4.3. This worked longer than I thought, but still locked-up and restarted on occasion. Sometimes it boot-loops 3 or 4 times, but startes back up successfully on its own.

I'd like to get my phone back to working order. At this point, i'll try anything. Any ideas?
    HTC Jewel S-Off | HBOOT 2.09.0000 | Radio 1.13.11.0830 | TWRP v2.3.3.0 | Build 3.15.651.16 |

HTC SuperSonic S-Off | HTC Shooter S-Off | HTC Speedy S-Off | HTC Express S-Off

Thanks
    Have you tried flashing a mostly stock Rom and doing a full wipe. Full wipe meaning advanced wipe - system,data,cache and dalvik cache.

And your radios and firmware are up to date?

Are you trying the sense 5 roms or sense 4? If you are trying a sense 5 coming from 4 how did you go about the update process?

TEAM MiK

MikROMs Since 12/26/10

If you like my work or I Have helped you, Please hit the thanks button.

Thanks
    I have some more details. I realized I am on a outdated firmware and radio. But cannot seem to flash the new one:

When I try via HBOOT It looks successful, but nothing changes.
    When I try to flash the zips in Recovery it says "failed", "unable to mount internal storage"

I am trying to install the usb drivers on my computer to use fastboot USB, but I am having other issues at the moment. Going to try VipuerRUU 3.16 hopefully this can fix whatever issue im having.

Ever seen the "unable to mount internal storage"??

EDIT: ViperRUU will not work since I cannot boot into Android. Arg!!
    Last edited by Laker56; 09-21-2014 at 08:32 PM.
    HTC Jewel S-Off | HBOOT 2.09.0000 | Radio 1.13.11.0830 | TWRP v2.3.3.0 | Build 3.15.651.16 |

Thanks
    Honestly I'm not sure. It's hard to tell where you are at cause I do not know what partition layout you are on. And what you are trying to move to. You are aware of the new partition layouts for this phone correct?

Maybe reading through this thread will answer some questions.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639180
    Last edited by autogeek; 09-23-2014 at 08:04 AM.

TEAM MiK

MikROMs Since 12/26/10

If you like my work or I Have helped you, Please hit the thanks button.

Thanks
    Thanks I looked through that a bit, but I know my device has NOT been updated recently. My last update was probably in January. I do not have a new partition layout. I just want it to work.

I tried ViperRUU, but you have to start it from a running Android OS. This doesnt work for me because my phone cannot boot into Android. So I ran the latest HTC RUU I could find which was names "RUU_JEWEL_CL_JB_45_S_Sprint_WWE_3.17.651.4_Radio_ 1.13.11.0830_NV_3.02_003_PRL25007_release_334470_s igned".

This completed sucessfully and I can tell my OS has been updated, but my device still has trouble completing the boot. It looks like its almost there until boom it shuts off and starts over. Maybe its a hardware issue?
    Last edited by Laker56; 09-25-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks
    I would run the 4.13.651.4 RUU (Android 4.3). You can do this from the bootloader while connected via Fastboot USB mode. You may need to install HTC Sync to your computer. Download the RUU to your computer, boot your phone to the bootloader and connect via Fastboot USB mode. Once connected, double-click the RUU file to start the installer and follow the on-screen instructions. You'll need to use the latest version of TWRP. Also, you need to back up your internal storage, if possible, as the RUU will wipe it clean. Take a look at this thread over on XDA for more info:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2639180

If your issue persists, then you most likely have a hardware issue, as you suspect.

Here is a link to the RUU:

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407577420
    Last edited by FinZ28; 09-30-2014 at 10:21 AM.