Welcome to theMikMik!

We are a friendly community of Android custom Roms developers and users. If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the forum rules. You will need to register before you can post, and as a registered user you will also see fewer advertisements. Join us now to become a part of one of the most helpful Android community online and get the max from your phone!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44
  1. #21
    Junior Member mgd84's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    1
    Is CM10 running smooth for everyone here? I keep alternating between this and jmz's CM9 because CM9 runs silky smooth (Without OC). For good measure I always turn off Surface dithering and turn on 16bit transparency. Am I doing something wrong or is this an issue of HWA?

    Yes I have been doing clean installs for CM10 (cache, dalvik, data/factory reset).
    Last edited by mgd84; 07-26-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    HTC EVO 4g - PC36100
    Current Rom: Unofficial CM9 (jmztaylor)
    Kernel: Mason-EI-0.1.5-RC5
    Recovery: CWM Touch 5.8.0.1
    PRL 60690 | PRI 2.33_003 | Baseband 2.15.00.12.19

  2. #22
    Administrator jadeboy7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,266
    Thanks
    3,239
    Quote Originally Posted by mgd84 View Post
    Is CM10 running smooth for everyone here? I keep alternating between this and jmz's CM9 because CM9 runs silky smooth (Without OC). For good measure I always turn off Surface dithering and turn on 16bit transparency. Am I doing something wrong or is this an issue of HWA?

    Yes I have been doing clean installs for CM10 (cache, dalvik, data/factory reset).
    I can't say it will help for sure, but normally we recommend Amon_RA's recovery (version 2.3). Also, you want to make sure you are wiping EVERYTHING except the SD card as mentioned in this thread or this post.
    Have a problem? Look here first (work in progress)

    *Please press Thanks if I've helped you out*
    * Click Here for My Phone Info
    Phone: HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 4G LTE
    Hardware: 0003 0003
    HBoot: 0.93.0000 1.12.2222
    Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19 1.12.11.0809
    WiMAX: 27167_R01 N/A
    PRI: 1.77_003 2.45_003
    NV: 1.90_003 ???
    PRL: 60687 25012
    Recovery: Amon_RA 2.3 TWRP 2.3.3.0
    Kernel: AnthraX Build 0004 Stock JB
    ROM: MikG 3.11 NikLaTtE V3.01
    SD Card: None Samsung 32GB Class 10 MicroSDHC
    (with ext3 partition that I need to remove)
    Battery: Sprint 2600 mAh Built-in 2000 mAh
    My Box folder: http://www.box.com/s/7m44xjv3b8rbgpy7vzjb
    My MediaFire folder: http://www.mediafire.com/jadeboy7


    TEAM MiK
    MikROMs Since 1/7/11
    Want your own Team Mik logo for your signature? Look here!
    Have I helped you? Consider helping me:

  3. #23
    Junior Member tayl428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    1
    This is running pretty darn smooth for me. I tend to freeze or uninstall the apps that I won't use so they won't be running in the background (even Play Store, I have TB widgets to freeze and unfreeze when needed), and that helps reduce my lag a lot in both ICS and JB. Battery drain is definitely higher here than his CM9, but that's expected for now considering the early development AND I still have Google Now running in JB. Loving the expanded notifications best. Definitely excited when the camera makes an appearance.

    I see that there's a new TWRP v2.2.1 out that I'm thinking about trying so GooManager works. No, I'm not that lazy, I just like to optimize my time. lol

  4. #24
    Developer Captain_Throwback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,102
    Thanks
    725
    Quote Originally Posted by tayl428 View Post
    This is running pretty darn smooth for me. I tend to freeze or uninstall the apps that I won't use so they won't be running in the background (even Play Store, I have TB widgets to freeze and unfreeze when needed), and that helps reduce my lag a lot in both ICS and JB. Battery drain is definitely higher here than his CM9, but that's expected for now considering the early development AND I still have Google Now running in JB. Loving the expanded notifications best. Definitely excited when the camera makes an appearance.

    I see that there's a new TWRP v2.2.1 out that I'm thinking about trying so GooManager works. No, I'm not that lazy, I just like to optimize my time. lol
    You can't use GooManager to flash this ROM because of how the storage card is mounted. But the new TWRP is sweet.

    Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005
    Baseband: 1.05.20.0321_2 | PRI: 1.52_003 | PRL: 52100
    Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.5

    Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003
    Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018
    Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.4b

    Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
    Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100
    Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0

    Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
    Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460
    Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0

  5. #25
    Junior Member tayl428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    1
    Awww, that stinks, is that due to the compatibility issue with the new sd path? (/storage/sdcard0/)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...04&postcount=7

  6. #26
    Junior Member tayl428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    1
    Is it just me, or did all the OG Evo jb threads just come to a screeching halt?

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Lázaro Cárdenas, Michoacán, Mexico
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Yeah it looks like it, I hope this does not make a negative inpact on this awesome ROM development.

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
    You can't use GooManager to flash this ROM because of how the storage card is mounted. But the new TWRP is sweet.
    no. you totally can do that. it works great. in goomanager settings just change the download path to "/sdcard/goomanager/". there's a symlink there or something. works fine.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to voodoo55 For This Useful Post:       Show/Hide
    Captain_Throwback (08-03-2012), tayl428 (08-05-2012)
  10. #29
    Junior Member tayl428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo55 View Post
    no. you totally can do that. it works great. in goomanager settings just change the download path to "/sdcard/goomanager/". there's a symlink there or something. works fine.
    That's exactly what I was wondering, I just hadn't tried it ... until now, and yep, it worked just fine. Thanks.
    Last edited by tayl428; 08-07-2012 at 08:00 AM.

  11. #30
    Administrator jadeboy7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,266
    Thanks
    3,239
    @fozlofski I moved your question to the Q&A section here.
    Have a problem? Look here first (work in progress)

    *Please press Thanks if I've helped you out*
    * Click Here for My Phone Info
    Phone: HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 4G LTE
    Hardware: 0003 0003
    HBoot: 0.93.0000 1.12.2222
    Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19 1.12.11.0809
    WiMAX: 27167_R01 N/A
    PRI: 1.77_003 2.45_003
    NV: 1.90_003 ???
    PRL: 60687 25012
    Recovery: Amon_RA 2.3 TWRP 2.3.3.0
    Kernel: AnthraX Build 0004 Stock JB
    ROM: MikG 3.11 NikLaTtE V3.01
    SD Card: None Samsung 32GB Class 10 MicroSDHC
    (with ext3 partition that I need to remove)
    Battery: Sprint 2600 mAh Built-in 2000 mAh
    My Box folder: http://www.box.com/s/7m44xjv3b8rbgpy7vzjb
    My MediaFire folder: http://www.mediafire.com/jadeboy7


    TEAM MiK
    MikROMs Since 1/7/11
    Want your own Team Mik logo for your signature? Look here!
    Have I helped you? Consider helping me:


 

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •