Here's a quick guide on how to flash a custom rom for your LTE. I'm using twrp for now because it's the only one available. This guide might change in the future
- ***Reset Google Wallet-Menu > Settings > Reset Google Wallet (if you don't do this you can completely bork your NFC Chip)***
- Perform Titanium Backup of apps (or app like it)-Optional
- Backup SMS (stock app does it or use app from market)-Optional
- Reboot into recovery, power down device and then turn it on while holding down volume key or use adb reboot recovery (Be sure fastboot isn't checked)
- Perform Nand-Optional but HIGHLY recommended
- Backup Menu
- Leave default items selected and swipe to backup
- Wipe Menu-Everything in there except battery stats and rotation (cache, dalvik cache, factory reset (DID YOU REMEMBER TO RESET GWALLET), and System (must swipe to wipe them)
- Install Menu (I had to navigate to where I had my rom installed, best bet is to put it on internal memory, just remember where you put it), select the zip and swipe to flash it.
- Once done select reboot system and enjoy
If anyone else who has flashed a rom wants to add anything, please do.
Hope this helps some out.
a few more questions since i'm gonna be doin this in a few hours. i'm gonna be rooted and unlocked and wanted to know what method to flash TWRP. does the goo method work? AND HOW does the goo method work? i see it's an ap on the play market, but noones really lining out step by step instructions to get TWRP installed, just literally "use the goo method" which is quite conveluded and watered down if you ask me lol. also, where do i get cho's rom for the lte?
edit:i found cho's rom here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1690531
ok so iv'e never had to flash a separate boot.img before, think you could break this down for me a little bit? just want to have my ducks in a row before i start the whole process. thanks nick!
edit 2: just had to read threads lmao! :face wall face wall FACEWALL: i'm unlocked, rooted, twrped..
now i just gotta figure out the boot.img thing
edit 3: i'm allllll set!
Umm, you don't need a boot image, just flash as normal
I'm overdosing on reality
That's odd. I know that with s-on you are normally very limited but for some reason on the ELTE we got really lucky, we can flash radios, kernels, and splash screens through recovery even with s-on. Come on HTC, release the source code for kernels!
I'm overdosing on reality
Have a problem? Look here first (work in progress)
*Please press Thanks if I've helped you out*
My MediaFire folder: http://www.mediafire.com/jadeboy7
MikROMs Since 1/7/11
Want your own Team Mik logo for your signature? Look here!
Have I helped you? Consider helping me: