PDA

View Full Version : [How To] Enable & Disable Safe mode on the EVO 4g LTE

emuview
07-09-2012, 11:35 PM
What is safe mode and how do I use it?

Safe mode is a method that allows the device to run with only essential applications. This is beneficial for troubleshooting 3rd party applications.

If and when you have strange problems with your phone, I would try this before a factory reset or even re-flashing a rom. If your problem goes away in safe mode, you know it is some software that safe mode disabled thats the problem.

From what I read, it has always been a part of the Android OS. But not all devices get there the same way, there is no standard other than it is always hardware buttons.

I learned about it from a HTC Tech, but he didn’t know how to enable it on this device. He told me to hold the power & menu buttons while booting. As you know we don’t have a menu button.

How to Enable on the EVO 4g LTE?

Boot or Reboot your phone.

When the “HTC quietly brilliant” splash screen comes up, press and hold volume down, until you get a long vibrate response. Then you can release the volume button.

Now when your phone is booted, you will see the words “safe mode” in the bottom left corner of your screen.

How to Disable on the EVO 4g LTE?

Just reboot. That’s all.

Something you should know before you try out Safe Mode.
Your widgets, mostly 3rd party widgets will be missing from your screen, or broke. Just replace them on your screen and all will be fine.

Hope this helps someone, someday, someway!
And if it does it would be great to see your story how it helped you here.:D

chogardjr
07-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Cool stuff buddy. Someone might find it fun to play with ;)

Sent from my Evo LTE s-offed by an overweight panda.

nick1313
07-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Cool stuff buddy. Someone might find it fun to play with ;)

+1, love the different aspects of android. Cool stuff.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

emuview
07-10-2012, 01:11 AM
Cool stuff buddy. Someone might find it fun to play with

+1, love the different aspects of android. Cool stuff.

Thanks Guys!
This can come in handy in lots of situations, such as a boot loop or lockup caused by bad settings in an apk. Like setting your overclock too high. Just safe mode and kill or remove the apk.

nick1313
07-10-2012, 05:46 AM
Thanks Guys!
This can come in handy in lots of situations, such as a boot loop or lockup caused by bad settings in an apk. Like setting your overclock too high. Just safe mode and kill or remove the apk.

Hmm, over clock too high sounds familiar, right cho. ;)

chogardjr
07-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Yes I do recall someone having a problem like that :p

Hmm, over clock too high sounds familiar, right cho. ;)

evo401
09-30-2012, 10:16 PM
cool!! worked for me :)